Sunday, January 8, 2012

obligatory first post ramblings

This blog is one of my new years resolutions, along with getting fit again, and we're eight days in and I still haven't done anything with it.  Yesterday I went for the first run of 2012, so figured I couldn't put this off any longer.

I was so stressed out about the first post for this blog that it meant that I was procrastinating even writing it, and spent an hour of my life looking at other blogs' first posts to see if there was some sort of 'blog etiquette' I needed to follow to ensure that this blog starts out on the right foot.

And guess what?  It doesn't seem to matter even a little bit.  So that's a relief.

But, I do want to just define what it is I exactly want to do with this thing.  Just so I can come back and check  when I'm wondering why I'm bothering.

This blog is:

  1. An excuse for me to write more
  2. A way for other people to read what I write
  3. A way to document the stuff I do, the places I go, and all that other good stuff.
Reasonable?  I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment